Master Kozen (Thich Minh Tinh), Master Thich Tam Hoan, Master Thich Van Hai, and Nun Hue Huong will lead the Eight Precepts Retreat.
- 1. To refrain from intentionally taking the life of any living creature.
- 2. To refrain from taking what is not given.
- 3. To refrain from any sexual activity: no physical contact or intimacy with the opposite sex.
- 4. To refrain from dishonest speech.
- 5. To refrain from using alcohol or non-medicinal drugs. (Smoking is banned in the monastery/Jhana Grove retreat centre).
- 6. To refrain from eating after noon. (Non-milk drinks, juice, sweets, sugar & honey are allowable).
- 7. To refrain from dancing, singing, playing music, and wearing cosmetics, perfume, and jewellery.
- 8. To refrain from using luxurious beds and seats.
Vegetarian meals and accommodations are included.
Other activities will include:
- • Seated meditation instruction
- • Metta (loving kindness) practice
- • Gratitude practice
- • Walking meditation
- • Discussions and Q&A